Chitosan is a polysaccharide, or rather a type of insoluble fiber. In the natural environment, insects and crustaceans use these substances to strengthen their shells. The human digestive system is not able to absorb chitosan, that is, it is excreted unchanged from the body. At the same time, being in the stomach or intestines, it can react with various substances, bind them and clear the body of them.
Researchers from Tokyo found that the use of chitosan contributes to the normalization of such indicators as blood sugar levels, and activation of cellular receptors. This effect increases the body’s sensitivity to insulin.
If a person has a predisposition to diabetes, the use of “Chitosan crab” can reduce the risk of this disease.
The results of these studies suggest that the use of chitosan stimulates a non-specific immune response. They enhance the synthesis of immunoglobulins and interferons, promote the proliferation of lymphocytes, macrophages, and neutrophils-the main elements of the immune system.
In particular, scientists from Tokyo found that against the background of strengthening the immune system, chitosan shows antitumor activity, acting in several directions.
- First, its use regulates the acid-base balance of tissues towards a slightly alkaline pH until this indicator reaches the level of 7.35. It is at this pH level that lymphocytes show phagocytic activity, that is, they capture foreign cells.
- Secondly, the components of chitosan absorbed into the blood suppress cancer intoxication and prevent cancer cachexia – a sharp weight loss in patients with malignant neoplasms.
- third, chitosan negatively affects conjugation molecules, and thus inhibits the spread of cancer cells throughout the body.
Due to its ability to bind fats and toxic elements, chitosan is useful:
- to prevent atherosclerosis-lowers cholesterol, normalizes blood pressure;
- to improve the gastrointestinal tract-increases intestinal peristalsis, increases the amount of beneficial microflora;
- to cleanse the body – speeds up the excretion of salts of heavy metals, radionuclides;
- to regulate the metabolism – lowers the level of uric acid and glucose;
- for the weight loss – speeds up the saturation, removes fat;
- to a General improvement – strengthens the immunity, improves the absorption of calcium, accelerates the synthesis of vitamins of group B.
“Chitosan crab” is also used as a wound healing agent. It has been found to have antimicrobial activity and promote tissue regeneration. The fact is that the components of chitosan are similar in structure and properties to the cells of human body tissues. Therefore, this drug helps to “build” new cells, accelerates the recovery of damaged organs, without causing allergic reactions.
Useful properties of chitosan:
- prevention of gout
- normalization of the gastrointestinal tract
- prevention of diabetes
- joint health
- lowering cholesterol
- optimizing blood pressure
- detoxifying the body
Recommended use: 1 capsule 2 times a day.
Ingredients : crab chitosan, gelatin capsule.
Contraindications: individual component intolerance, pregnancy, breast-feeding. Before use, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
Storage conditions: store in a dry dark place at a temperature from 5 C to 25 C and a relative humidity of not more than 80 %.
Shelf life: no more than 24 months.
release Form: 60 capsules with a content weight of 250 mg.